Thursday, September 10, 2009

new day


Houstons- Never been to Houston's before, the very idea of the place makes me cringe a little, but in an attempt to eat somewhere besides Gjelina for lunch SeaHorse proclaimed Hooston's.

I know I'm at houston by two things


1. Everyone eating here is White...


2. SeaHorse does the ordering and we get the SAME thing to eat!


I must admit though, it was pretty tasty. this could be just cause it's decent enough food or it could be the fact that it was the first time in a week I wasn't eating oysters and fried fingerlings






Shima- Diamondez suggested Sushi. Shima is a super clean delicate Sushi place on Abbot Kinney. All the fish is fresh and the produece is organic. its a surprise I haven't been here sooner. They only serve the sushi with brown rice though, which might the reason I stayed at a distance. I must say that it's probably the best sushi I've had since Katsu closed. it's a different spot though. the ama ebi which usually comes with the severed head of the shrimp deep fried was grilled instead and it was bomb. the Uni shooter came with mountain yam chopped up underneath and although a little sweet was very well concieved. I'll be back.

Could it be? is it possible? has the cycle been broken. a full day without Playa de Jaime or Gjelina. hooray



Gjelina for dessert...

shit.

ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment