Sunday, August 9, 2009

Apple Pan Home Cookin'



Had a little business with HK near the Westside pavilion. After the business was concluded H stated something very surprising to me.

"I have never been to the Apple Pan."

Ow, that actually hurts to hear.

You can have your opinion on how good the burger is or is not, but if you're from Los Angeles and you like to eat, how can you have never been to the Apple pan? It's a frickin' insitution. H got a hickory Burger, ChowDown manged on a steakburger. I remember as a youth continually being disappointed that the Steakburger wasn't really a steak at all, but (just) a burger. I got over it eventually. In high school we used to go to the Pan right before they closed so we might be blessed with all the left over pies from the day, FOR FREE. Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Banana Cream Pie. hmmmmm. Never really one for sweets I can't say no to the Banana cream pie form the apple pan. It's just gross.


Return from a lengthy trip away from California usually results in a heroin fix from either an In & Out double Double or an Apple Pan Steakburger. Not because it's the best, but because it tastes like home. It's nostalgia grub.







Hey everyone, come my place and hang out at the beach all day. When you're all tired and hungry and can't get a table for 9 people at 8pm at one of the hottest restaurants in LA, just sent me to the sWhole foods.

I fall for it all the time.

You'll see.

ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment