Sunday, August 16, 2009

little miss sister's birthday







Quattro-eyes larger than stomach. Its Little Miss Sister's 15th today and the remaining family in town took her to lunch at Quattro on Lincoln blvd. This place is considered one of the best if not the best Italian in Miami. Upon sitting down Mr. Father Wifey begins the fat man ordering by stating we should get some Apps "for the Table". And I'm so down. add to the fact that I'm sporting a genius 5 day hangover I've also been eating Spanish food for the past 2 days straight.

After we agree on the food "for the Table" Mr. Father proceeds to order another app for himself and then...Carbonara(AAAAAHHHHH) to split with little miss sister.

Wifey protests, "that's too much Food"

He orders anyway, which gives me free reign to get a crab salad and then a Veal Milanese.

Wifey Protests again on the amount being ordered but loves Milanese and ends up loving the crab salad as well. She orders the Linguine Vongole. So far almost everything that has been ordered is on my "last meal ever hit list" an expansive but still limited amount of nostalgia and potentially life-ending-in-their-own-way dishes.

The food here is excellent, a bit rich with the cream for my taste but its in the style of the place and works.

Halfway into the entrees Mr. Father Wifey Proclaims that her Vongole is too small of a serving. Stating that she too might have to order something else in addition the rest of the table says that her serving looks fine and by the time its finished she'll be full. But she is in the Chow clan and orders another TWO dishes anyway. I love this family.

Lasagna and a second order of eggplant. Before it arrives however, Mr. Father Wifey claims what we all knew was coming. "

I shouldn't have Ordered that,"

"too Much Food"


"I'm Already Full"

A Serious Laugh ensues.

The food comes anyway.

Happy Birthday Little Miss Sister









Mr. Father- The day prior to her Birthday the Parental Units inquired where Little Miss Sister wanted her Dinner Festivities.

"Mr. Father.'

"but...Wouldn't you rather..."

"Mr. Father Please"

"OK...But ...."

"I like Mr. Father"

and so on.

So Mr. Father it is. The Problem eating with someone in their own restaurant is they can never fully concentrate on the meal. there was always some small thing to be dealt with by one of us. Still I think Little Miss Sister enjoyed herself.

It's the first time I ever had the Beijing duck first. The Kitchen had made an extra by accident so it was offered to the clan. Eating it at the beginning was a strange and fascinating change. Perhaps the tastiest I ever consumed considering it was the first thing to touch me stomach.

The evening ended on the Loudest Chucky Cheese like Happy Birthday sing song I've ever Witnessed. Full Embarrassment on the part of little miss Sister.

fantastic.

ciao

1 comment: