Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back Home


Hinano's-Turkey cheddar Burger

Got home yesterday.

Poppesicle had a party.

I Hungover.

Still I had to drive to Ojai to get the Wolves. Came home and needed two things.

Food.

Sleep.

I thought perhaps food first was the correct order. I think I was right.

Home to Venice & where should I eat but MY Spots. It's either James beach or Hinanos at this point because its within walking distance and can I let pouches do the poops. What's the saying "Two birds in the bush makes a duck's ass catholic?"

Hinano's is easier so I head over there. Recently there has been a renaissance of the burger. It's the new ciabatta, which was the new chipotle, which was the new flank steak, which was the new blood Orange, yogurt, coffee, frozen Yogurt... that said there must be props given to the places that haven't changed in a millennia. In&Out, Apple Pan, Hinano's. I know it's semi sacrilegious for me to put Hinano's in that company but whateva. Hinano's has no frier therefor no fries, instead they give you pickles and a mini bags of frito's or dorito's or whateva. The Burger is extremely standard and very simply done on a flat top. Premade patties, processed cheese, lettuce, red onions, slice of tomato, all on a toasted generic bun slathered with mustard. It is however the quintessential American summer hamburger. If you were to go to a friend's house for a mid summer party this is the burger you would envision having.

OK... so you may ask me..Why a turkey burger? Are you not a manbro? If the standard for being man is measured by choice of burger meat then I am not a man when it comes to Hinano's. It is the only place in the Universe where I order the turkey Burger over the beef patty simply for taste reasons. It really doesn't make much sense. Its a frozen turkey Patty or something very close to it. They probably get them from somewhere like the costco for Bars, but its F-ing magnificent. They season it, smack it around, add water and cover it on the flat top. Assemble, place in mouth.

Beer me Carlos.

I know I am home.

Sleep...

Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment