Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Magnanimous Man Meal



I received a phone call from HK this yesterday morning.

Man Cave Dinner on Saturday night. Pot Luck style.

"make something chow."

"Sure. what are you making H?"

"Wild Boar and Pork Ribs Chow."

"ok I'll make something light then H, like fish or poultry."

"yeah chow...I was thinking about...A ROAST BEEF!"

oh, it's a Man Cave dinner....

Natashalia & I ride our bikes to Swhole Foods. I'd done most of the shopping and allot of prep the day before but I forgot some crucial elements for a man dinner, such as little thing called Bacon, durh. Natashalia however has decided she needs to stock up for the impending winter. It soon becomes clear that not only is carrying her shopping basket around a bad idea with her bad back, but there is no way any of this is going to fit into her little woven bike basket. I carry the shopping basket. I am Man. I put all her things into my awesomely huge basket and ride to her place with my head poking around the mound of food stuffs so I could see where I was going. I am Man.

Before departing however Natashalia says Pee-Wee's playhouse secret word of the day...

"Carbonara"

I scream real loud and flap my arm chair arms arounds.

"I want to make Carbonara(AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH)"

I cannot resist such a statement. let's establish somethings about me.

I like to eat.

I like to cook.

I like to share in both those things.

Even though I had been prepping the whole day yesterday and was going to be cooking all day today. I cannot NOT teach someone to make Carbonara(AAAAHHHHHHHA), one of the most perfectist of culinary creations in all the land. It's like a Bacon and eggs breaky but in a pasta. blam, none bettah.

I tell Natashalia it's simple to make, but not easy. There's only a handful of ingredients, but the timing and heat distribution is so crucial it could easily go from being something sublime to something dry&greasy. After about 3 minutes of watching Natashalia in the kitchen I realized I HAD to step in and help her.

how very Manly of me...

MAGNANIMOUS

1
: showing or suggesting a lofty and courageous spirit magnanimous sufferings of their followers — Joseph Addison>

2 : showing or suggesting nobility of feeling and generosity of mind magnanimous for resentment — Ellen Glasgow>
mag·nan·i·mous·ly adverb
mag·nan·i·mous·ness noun







This Whole experience was much better than I had anticipated. The Food, The Company was perfect. No weird vibes or sidelong glares, just dudes, doing dude things. At one point someone stated. "I never wanted to be in a fraternity until this moment" I could not agree more.



No comments:

Post a Comment