Saturday, August 1, 2009

Consumption & fat man ordering

from Merriam Webster

con·sump·tion
1 a: a progressive wasting away of the body especially from pulmonary tuberculosis b: tuberculosis
2 a: the act or process of consuming <consumption of food> <consumption of resources> b: use by or exposure to a particular group or audience consumption>
3: the utilization of economic goods in the satisfaction of wants or in the process of production resulting chiefly in their destruction, deterioration, or transformation

I suffer from consumption.

Tuberculosis, Ingestion, Imbibition, Exposure, Consumerism.

I have always had problems with my lungs. I have always had problems controlling my intake. I blog, I facebook, I have purchased the same pocket T-shirt in 75 different colors and repurchased the same camera 4 times.
So I've never had tuberculosis, but every winter as a boy I would get Bronchitis without fail. And my recent bout with Valley Fever(coccidioidomycosis) might qualify as surpassing tuberculosis in terms of "progressive wasting away". Actually by those definitions I think it's not just me who's sick/guilty.

We all suffer from consumption.

Progressively wasting away...What a sad way to look at existence, but hey it's a gloomy morning in paradise.

The multiple meanings of this word have long fascinated me. To eat and drink seem so merry, to waste away so very dreary. Yet they are so clearly connected, the definition need not even be separated into 3. Life giving and life taking. The things we cannot do without are the things which will destroy us. morbid much?

Whole Foods Buffet Blarf. not feeling hungry this morning. hummus, falafel, tabuleh, mixed greens. I didn't even Finish the whole meal & that rarely happens. I mean, told you already, I suffer from consumption.


Taverna Tony's- Grilled Sea Bass, rice, carrots, potato wedges, 2 bud light.

I headed to 'bu.

I needed a healthy dose of abuse from my drankard malibunnies. Trannie, Mangela, and surprisingly un-Stacy Chelsea where awaiting me at their usual table, with their usual meal. No food, just drinks. I saddled up, asked for a menu. Here is the thing when you're at a table filled with people and you're the only one ordering. you can't fat man order.

Ok fat man ordering is something like this. Everyone orders their own food and then you go last and in addition to the things you are getting for yourself you order food "for the table". it must be stated as such though.... "and some chicken wings for the table." "and maybe some Nachos for the Table." "Y'all wanna split a steak?...for the table". The most classic of which is the order of Calamari "for the table." Is doesn't matter if the other people at the table share these peripherals or not, it's the psycological plan of the fat man that counts. Too guilt ridden to claim title of these thing for himself he diffuses the glutony onto others.

So, when with drank Malibunnies fat man ordering becomes ineffective because they have no interest in food. Any statement which ends in "for the table" must be preceeded by some kind of alchohol or it will be lambasted. And as I have stated before, I am watching my girlish figure anyway so I must choose a single dish. oh the agony, the pressure.

No Flaming cheese, No baby Octopus, no little fried smelt. BTW to the Smelt at the other table. The answer is YES I saw you!!! flirting at me as you groped another. no doubt you were fat man ordered by the little old woman knee deep in pinot grigio.

I ordered the Grilled Sea Bass and consumed it with great haste and surprised delight. I have ordered it before, but it was the best I've had. No doubt because the delicate flavors of the fish were not being masked by lingering aftertastes of fatman orders.

ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment